SNATT??

Slightly Nauseous All The Time??
Now why in the heck would ANYONE in their right mind want to achieve that feeling?? And why would you want to purchase a shirt with saying on it?? Just makes no sense to me. It is also making me rethink trying to get reinstated back on the Kimkins web site. The more I look at the plans (as written with no personal tweaks) I see that they are plans that I cannot realistically follow. When I was a teenager I struggled with an eating disorder. I did the trifecta…Bulimia/Laxatives/No Eating and… SNATT is the way I felt constantly. Miserable all the time in the name of trying to achieve the ’80’s ultra thin look. It took years readjust my thinking and stop the destructive behavior. Granted I traded one disorder for another…binge eating and gaining a great deal of weight (funny I achieved SNATT at that time as well). I am finally in a place where I feel healthy and honestly will do anything to avoid feeling like I want to pitch my guts constantly. Fast weight loss is intoxicating…but it never lasts. You could say I lost weight fast doing Atkins but in reality it is slow going. My results are from adding exercise to the plan (and I do that 5-6 days a week) to not have the extreme deflated balloon look. I don’t know…it was alarming to find out what SNATT meant. I don’t think I ever want to be in that place again. What is the point of losing weight but feeling miserable and unhealthy all the time. No one can convince me that feeling nauseous all the time is a good thing. That just brings me back to terrible place…and I don’t think I would advertise the feeling either.
That being said…any diet will work if you stick to it.ย  Follow it correctly and listen to your body and go from there. Nausea is often times a red flag…an SOS being sent out that something just isn’t right. If you decide to follow Kimkins then please LISTEN to what your body is telling you. Tweak it to NOT feel sick. Trust me…your body is smarter than you think.

Advertisements

9 Comments

1. scaleslave says:

I agree completely.
    I went back and re-read Dr. Stkins book mostly because I was looking for long term solutions. I readjusted my diet to include more fat and guess what…I’m still losing. And I don’t have that SNATTY feeling. ๐Ÿ™‚ What a concept?!
    It worked for me for over three months but the fact that they didn’t have a long term maintenance plan in place bothered me. So I”m taking what I’ve learned about my own eating habits and incorporating a maintenance plan that is more like Atkins.
    You are smart to listen to your own body and your gut instinct. Do what you feel is right for you long term.
    I felt I needed to start a new blog to correspond to new goals. Join me over at http://scalemistress.blogspot.com and I’ll keep checking in with you here.
    Lisa.

2. Robin says:

Lisa,
    I have already added you to my blogroll. ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you want me to keep the other site up as well? Just let me know.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Kimkins works…I was a teenager in the ’80’s so I KNOW that cutting out calories will make you lose weight. What started the red flags for me was the SNATTY feeling thing, the lack of maintenance, and the fact that the calories are so low. Your metabolism will suffer in the long run and regaining the weight will be easy. I also read somewhere that low carb and low fat is a bad combination. But that is just what I read…I am not an expert at all.

3. Robin says:

My Mother tends to march to beat of her own drum…so I am not worried about her. She has many years experience dieting…including low carb. She has tweaked the plan to suit her and it is more Mommakins than Kimkins. She is using it as a guideline…not as something set in stone.
    Don’t get me wrong…just because I feel the diet would not work for me doesn’t mean it won’t work for others. Ketosis (especially deep ketosis) makes you have a weird feeling and that includes nausea. What I am saying that depending on feeling nauseous is NOT a good way to gauge if you are truely burning fat or if you are making yourself sick. To depend on that feeling and strive to feel that way constantly is tempting fate. I stand by the Kimmer Experiment (K/E) because it is an excellent way to jumpstart yourself into a fat burning mode and make an easier transistion to the plan of your choice. I just can’t see feeling healthy on this if you stay on it for more than 5 days. The lack of veggies and fruits on K/E is the issue. Kimmer’s diets are also good in a sense since they do make you take notice of what is on your plate and what is going into your body. Atkins has stated that “calories don’t count”…true in some cases. But if you are eating 3,000 calories a day and not exercising you can have the SNATTY feeling until the cows come home and not lose an ounce. You will probably pick up weight while feeling sick.
    Kimkins…just like any other plan…WILL work. Over the years I have seen really insane ways to lose weight and this plan is nowhere near as extreme as those are…just make it work for you. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking just because one person is doing fabulous on it means you will too. Tweak it and make it your own because in the end this is a way of life. Ask yourself can you possibly live and eat this way for the rest of your life. If you cannot see past getting skinny then it may not be for you. Kimmer is coming up with a maintenance plan…right now there isn’t one. What happens once you reach the promised land that you set your sights on and realize you are just there?? Now what?? Go back to eating the way you did or live with the SNATTY feeling for the rest of your life??
    Just because it isn’t for me (due to my past) doesn’t mean it won’t work for you. All I am saying is listen to your body and go from there.

4. McCormick says:

I realized it wasnt for me early on. When I reviewed the program, I simply thought, hmmm, here’s a quick way to lose weight. And for reasons I won’t disclose here, I decided it wasn’t for me, but it doesn’t mean I don’t want to lose weight or be the ‘skinny’ girl, which btw is all relative. Honestly, I’m not knocking this program, it just didn’t fit into the lifestyle I’m attempting to create

5. Robin says:

What you are doing now is what works for you. That is what I am saying. You are doing great by the way. ๐Ÿ™‚
    I refuse to let people think that I am knocking any diet plan out there…do what you feel is best for you. Never get to the point where you feel sick…and unfortunately the T-shirt that they are selling is advertising feeling sick. To ME…that is a red flag that I shouldn’t follow this plan. I will stick to Atkins and Taebo…it hasn’t failed me yet.

6. luna says:

I had to laugh at this post…you’re so right. Last time I was “Nauseated All The Time” was when I was pregnant, and I would have done anything to make it stop! Why would anyone want to feel that way on purpose? Sheesh. One of things I love most about low-carbing is feeling so much clearer and energized in the first place. ๐Ÿ™‚

Comments are closed.